Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Introduction of myself

After graduating from university, I went straight to mortgage broking business. Because I thought mortgage is the biggest liability of a person and I want to help people get rid of their debt with my finance knowledge.

Until one case, I totally change my mind. There were a couple came in and asked for a home loan. Although they worked very hard, they would get 12 dollars in their bank account if they took the loan after my serviceability test. You know during that time the interest rate rise 12 consecutive times and petrol price jump to the roof. With 12 dollars in their account, I really worry about their life styles and their future. My supervisor asked to do the loan and get the commission. But I was devastated and started doubting my choice of career. Yes, we need money, but that does not mean we need put people in debt to get the dollars. I could not sleep that night and confessed to the god. I called the couple, told them the situation and resigned from the company.

Luckily, I met Mr. Satendra Kumar and got him as my mentor to teach me on what the mortgage broker is and how to become a proud mortgage broker. I learned lending by referral and really appreciate it, because I saw my mentor guide with his client from nothing to the first house, second house, and the third house. After 5 years, they are still close friends and sitting in front a coffee table enjoying their lives together. That is the life I am aiming for and that is the reason I smile all the day.

Now, I can sleep very well every night, because I have learned three questions from my mentor:

From my client’s prospective, did I treat them with utmost respect?
From my client’s prospective, did I meet their expectation?
From my client’s prospective, did I act on behalf of his best interest?

After ‘yes’ for all of the above questions, I know I will have a wonderful dream and live a life that is meaningful.

So, if you like the way I do my business, please do not keep it as secrete and share my service with your friends. I am looking forward to go with you hand in hand on your dream home!

No comments: